|Wepre Park||Back to layouts menu.|
WEPRE PARK Scale: 4mm - 1ft. Gauge 18.2mm ('EM' ) by Ken Gibbons
Size: 13ft by 1ft 3ins (plus operator space), Operators: Two, Transport: One car.
In the 1860’s, a line was built to serve the then bustling collieries, quarries and and Brickworks in the North east part of Flintshire, from Buckley, to the Banks of the River Dee at Connah’s Quay, the erstwhile Buckley Railway. In ownership, it had an interesting History, having passed through the hands of the Wrexham, Mold and Connah’s Quay, Great Central, and London and North Eastern Railway Companies; it being the westerly outpost of the latter. 1948 saw the line pass through to BR’s London Midland Region.
This layout can be seen at the following Shows:
30th July 2017: Thirsk.
page updated 13/07/2017